Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- ½ pack Fantastic Rice Crackers
- 200g camembert wheel, cut into 12 wedges
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
Redcurrant Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup redcurrant jelly
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Place rice crackers in a food processor and pulse until mixture is a fine crumb.
- Place flour, lightly beaten eggs and rice cracker crumb separately in three small shallow dishes.
- Dip each camembert wedge in flour, egg and crumb mixture until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- For the redcurrant sauce, combine jelly, vinegar, rosemary and mustard together in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring until jelly melts. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Set aside until required.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan about 5cm deep over medium heat. To check if the oil is ready, drop a small piece of bread into the oil, it should sizzle and become golden.
- Place chilled camembert wedges into hot oil in batches of 3-4, turning after 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve crispy camembert wedges with red currant dipping sauce.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016