Whipped Feta, Dry-roasted Garlic, Chilli, Basil and Lemon
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, skin on
- 1 long red chilli
- 100g Danish style smooth feta, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ tablespoons shredded basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Place garlic clove in its skin and whole chilli in the hot pan and shake every few minutes, turning occasionally until garlic skins are golden and chilli is blistered with black spots.
- Remove from pan, place in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap, allowing to cool.
- Slip skin off garlic and roughly chop.
- Peel skin off chilli, remove seeds and chop.
- In a food processor, combine feta, sour cream, garlic, chilli, 1 tablespoon basil leaves, juice, ½ teaspoon zest, salt and pepper and blend until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl and top with remaining basil and zest.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016