Aromatic Beef Broth with Ginger, Star Anise, Cinnamon and Chilli, Snow Peas, Bok Choy and Noodles
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Singapore Fresh Noodles
- 400g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 125g snow peas
- 3 bok choy, washed and quartered
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 ½ litres beef stock
- 3cm piece ginger, bruised
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 chilli, halved
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- For the broth, place stock, ginger, garlic, chilli, star anise, cinnamon, pepper, soy sauce and vinegar together in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Remove ginger, garlic, chilli, star anise and cinnamon from broth. Add onion and carrot, simmer for 3 minutes. Add beef, snow peas and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes or until beef is just cooked.
- To serve, divide noodles between four bowls. Ladle the beef broth over the top and garnish with coriander.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016