Cauliflower au gratin with a crunchy crumb topping
- 1 pkt Fantastic Rice Crackers, BBQ flavour
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Gluten free flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the rice crackers in a zip lock bag, seal and pound with a rolling pin to make even sized crumbs. Add the Parmesan and chopped parsley to the bag of crumbs, seal and shake to mix.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the cauliflower florets, simmer for 3-4 minutes or till soft when tested.
- Drain and set aside.
- To make the béchamel, gently melt the butter in a saucepan, when melted and bubbling add the flour and stir over the heat to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking continually to prevent lumps forming.
- Add the tasty cheese and season to taste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the cauliflower onto the tray, then pour some béchamel over each floret and sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- Alternatively, this can also be prepared in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 180°C and bake for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or till golden.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016