Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Singapore Fresh Noodles
- 400g chicken thigh fillet, thinly sliced
- ½ white onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, torn
- 4 lime wedges, to serve
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 3cm piece ginger, bruised
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 chilli, halved
- 1 star anise
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- For the broth, place stock, ginger, garlic, chilli, star anise, pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice together in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger, garlic, chilli and star anise. Add chicken, onion and carrot, simmer for 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, divide noodles between four bowls. Ladle the chicken and broth over the top and garnish with bean spouts, coriander, basil and lime wedge.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016