Coconut, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime & Coriander Poached Chicken with Noodles
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Singapore Fresh Noodles or Chow Mein Noodles
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 sticks lemongrass, bruised
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, bruised
- Coriander roots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- For the chicken, place coconut milk, ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and coriander root together in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, add chicken and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, remove from heat and leave to stand until chicken has cooled in poaching liquid. Remove from poaching liquid and shred chicken.
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- To make the salad, add shredded chicken, cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, coriander, basil, mint and peanuts to the prepared noodles, tossing to combine.
- For the dressing, combine ½ cup poaching liquid, soy sauce, fish sauce and lime juice together in a screw top jar, shaking until well combined. Drizzle over salad and serve.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016