Crunchy goat cheese, lemon and thyme balls
Serves: 4 as an entrée
- 250g goat cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pkt Fantastic crackers, Original flavour
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ cup honey, warmed
- extra thyme leave to garnish
- Place the goat cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Take a large teaspoonful of the cheese mix and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining cheese mix. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Put the Fantastic crackers into a zip lock bag and using a rolling pin smash into a medium crumb.
- Place the crumbs into a flat dish and mix with the thyme leaves.
- Lightly beat the egg in another bowl.
- Roll the cheese balls in the egg and then roll in the crumb mix to coat.
- Put back onto the paper lined tray and refrigerate for 15 -20 minutes or till firm.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a deep pan to approx 170°C
- Deep fry the cheese balls till golden, just a couple of minutes and drain on absorbent paper.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle with warmed honey.
- Garnish with extra thyme leaves
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016