Ginger, Chilli & Lemongrass Noodle Pancakes with a sweet chilli dipping sauce and fresh coriander
Difficulty: daily cook, a great dish for families
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Fresh Chow Mein Noodles
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 long red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp soy sauce
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and chop using a pair of kitchen scissors. Set aside until required.
- For the dipping sauce, combine sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and soy together in a small bowl. Set aside for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, kaffir lime and spring onion stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from pan and place into a large mixing bowl. Add prepared noodles, coriander, soy sauce and egg, stirring until well combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drop ½ cup portions into the pan, in batches and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until noodles become golden and crisp. Repeat process with remaining oil and noodle mixture, there should be 8 pancakes in total.
- Serve noodle pancakes with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016