Noodle and Peking Duck Cold Rolls
Makes: 18 rolls – serves 6
- 1 x pkt Fantastic 2 minute noodles
- 18 x 22cm rice paper rounds
- 2 cups shredded Peking duck (purchase from Asian market)
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 1 bunch mint
- 9 lettuce leaves – butter lettuce works well
- 18 garlic chives
- ¼ cup plum sauce
- ¼ cup char su sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- dash of chilli sauce
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Have all the ingredients prepared before you start rolling.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water to dip the rice paper sheets.
- Dip the rice paper and lay out flat on a board.
- In the middle of the rice paper place the Peking duck in a horizontal line, then some of both varieties of mint leaves.
- Just below the duck and mint place the lettuce and top with some noodles.
- To make the roll: fold in the sides to the center of the filling, then start at the bottom and roll from the bottom to form a tight roll. Just before you complete the roll add a piece of garlic chive allowing the chive to hang out at the ends.
- To avoid the cold rolls drying out, place the finished ones on a plate and cover with a damp clean chux. Then repeat the process.
- Serve the rolls with some dipping sauce.
- To make the sauce: mix all the ingredients together.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016