Oven baked veal schnitzels with a crispy crumb
- 1 pkt Fantastic Rice Crackers, Original flavour
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 8 slices veal*
- ½ cup besan flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil spray
- To serve: Lemon wedges
- Place the rice crackers in a zip lock bag, seal and pound with a rolling pin to make even sized crumbs. Add the Parmesan and thyme leaves to the bag of crumbs, seal and shake to mix.
- Put the slices of veal on a chopping board and using a meat tenderizer, beat out till thin. Set aside.
- Create the crumbing station by placing the besan flour on a plate, the eggs in a flat bowl and the crumb mix on a flat tray.
- Start the crumbing procedure by dusting the veal with flour to lightly coat, then dip into the egg mix and then the crumbs, making sure it gets an even coating of the crumbs over the veal.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumb.
- Remove from the fridge and give the schnitzels a light spray of olive oil on both sides.
- Place into a preheated oven 180°C, cook for 12-15 minutes or till golden.
- Serve with wedges of lemon and a pea and feta salad.
* Veal can be substituted with beef, chicken or pork
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016