Pork Mee Goreng
Difficulty: Daily Cook
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Singapore Fresh Noodles
- 1 ½ tbsp peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 400g Pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 125g green beans, trimmed and sliced into 5cm pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- ¼ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp Kecap Manis
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- ¼ cup fried shallots, to garnish
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add eggs and swirl in pan to create an omelette, cook for 1 minute or until egg is set. Transfer omelette to a chopping board, roll up and then thinly slice. Set aside for later.
- Add another 2 teaspoons oil to the wok with the garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the wok. Add beans, carrot and cabbage, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add, Kecap Manis, soy , 1 tablespoon sambal oelek and ¼ cup water. Return the pork and egg to the wok, tossing until well coated. Add the noodles, tossing to combine.
- To serve, divide noodles between four bowls and garnish with fried shallots and remaining sambal.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016