Sticky Char Siu Pork, Chinese Cabbage, Snow Pea, Cucumber and Noodle Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Hokkien Thin Fresh Noodles
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 125g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Char siu pork
- 500g pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup Char Siu sauce
- For the pork, place pork tenderloin and Char Siu sauce together in a non-metallic bowl, making sure pork is well coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place marinated pork tenderloin on prepared baking tray, reserving excess marinade and cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Halfway through cooking, baste pork with half the reserved marinade. Once pork is cooked turn grill to high, brush pork with remaining marinade and cook for 2-3 minutes or until edges become caramelized and start to char. Remove from oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Add, sliced pork, cabbage, snow peas, cucumber, capsicum, spring onions and ¼ cup coriander together, tossing until well combined.
- For the salad dressing, combine soy, sweet chilli and lime juice together in a screw top jar, shaking until well combined. Pour over the noodle mixture, tossing until well combined.
- To serve, divide noodle salad between four serving dishes and garnish with remaining coriander.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016