Stuffed mushroom caps
Serves: 4 as an entrée
- 1 pkt Fantastic Rice Crackers, BBQ flavour
- 8 med/lge Swiss brown mushroom caps
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped roasted capsicum
- 100g feta
- salt and pepper taste
- Place the rice crackers in a zip lock bag, seal and pound with a rolling pin to make even sized crumbs. Set aside ¼ cup of crumbs for topping.
- Put the remaining crumbs into a bowl.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and roughly chop the stems, add to the crumbs
- Mix bacon, spring onions, herbs, capsicum and crumbled feta with the crumbs and mushroom stems, season to taste.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and sit the mushroom cups onto the tray.
- Fill the mushroom cups with the filling, then top with the reserved crumbs.
- The mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator till required, approx 2 hours.
- Place the tray into a preheated oven 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016