Thai Noodle Salad
Difficulty: daily cook, a great dish to make ahead for lunchboxes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 350g Fantastic Hokkien Fresh Noodles
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g snow peas, sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp crispy-fried shallots
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm or brown sugar, to taste
- Prepare noodles according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl combine noodles, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, spring onions, snow peas, mint, coriander and basil, tossing to combine.
- For the dressing, pound the garlic, chilli, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaf to a paste using a pestle and mortar. Place paste in a small bowl, add lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to taste, stirring until well combined. Check flavours so that the salty, sour and sweet elements are balanced.
- To serve the salad, add dressing and toss to combine. Serve salad garnished with crispy fried shallots and peanuts.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016