Warm Chinese Duck and Noodle Salad with Cucumber, Snow Peas and Spring Onions
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 450g Fantastic Chow Mein Fresh Noodles
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- 125g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 tbsp Chinese five spice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm
- For the duck breasts, score the skin with a sharp knife and rub the Chinese five spice over both of the breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, place duck breasts skin-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes or until duck fat has rendered down and skin becomes golden and crispy. Turn duck breasts over and cook for 1 minute. Place on prepared baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat hoisin, shaoxing, ginger and garlic in a wok over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add noodles, snow peas, cucumber and sliced duck, tossing until well coated.
- To serve, garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.
For more recipes visit fantasticsnacks.com.au
© Fantastic Snacks 2016